Saturday, November 8, 2008

Packing Again

No, thank God, there's not another household move planned again any time soon. But, it's come the time to pack away those infant things that I so look forward to unpacking with each bundle of joy in our family. The triangle sleeper, newborn binkies, baby socks, bouncy seat, newborn tub, and other baby things are all stacked up ready to be packed away in the attic.

It seems like just yesterday that my Mom and I sat in the living room floor oohing and aahing over the little things as we pulled them out of the Rubbermaids the week after we found out that Camryn was a girl. Now, it's already time to put them away. When I packed them away after Brandon, I didn't feel quite as sad, almost fearful, that I'll never put one of my babies in that tub again or take another picture of a sleeping baby in the bouncy seat to match the other kiddos'. I don't know what God has planned for us as parents in the future, but I do know that I will certainly miss the pregnancy and newborn stages as a Mom, if I never experience them again.

For now, up to the attic it all goes.

4 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

I know that "mommy feeling" too. . . it can feel really sad. Ahh.

Julie said...

It is so hard! But you have three beautiful babies still. :)

Erin said...

You're making me sad...I have so many of those tubs in my attic. Just don't know if they will ever come down again!

Valerie said...

You are so blessed and would be even more blessed with many more beautiful babies. You know Jake and I are praying deeply for more, but because of our rushed vasectomy decision after Jacob was born we are not sure if that will ever happen. I pray God will give us the opportunity to ohh and ahhh over cute little baby things, many times over. your children will surely be very close to each other because of the age closeness. By the time we have another Ireland will probably be able to babysit!!