Saturday, October 23, 2010

Today is the Day!

Today is the day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I won't worry about tomorrow - I'm trusting in what You say! Today is the day!

One of mine and Abi's favorite songs for this special day!
Despite a typhoon that just hit the province Dex lives in yesterday, I believe we are still on track for flying into Fuzhou City and meeting him this evening!

Yesterday was an awesome day! We did so much!
* We climbed the Great Wall of China!
* We watched people make ancient art called Cloisonne, a type of pottery made on copper.
* We figured out why people in Beijing pick their noses so much - smog boogers.
* We watched an unbelievable Chinese flying acrobat show.
* We sat in Beijing traffic jams for hours.
* We ate another authentic Chinese meal.
* We ate at McDonald's (the fries are exactly the same!)
* We navigated crosswalks in Beijing without losing our lives!
* I finally mastered the "squatty potty" without peeing on my pants leg.
I am so glad we get to learn more about Dex's culture and experience the people and country he's from. We are so excited to meet him this evening. I have snacks, a blankie, and a few toys in our carry-on for him. It won't be long now!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm SO excited! Can't wait to see pictures of you guys with Dex!!!

Wendy Buzbee said...

WooHoo!!! Can't wait!!!