Friday, June 26, 2009

VBS

This week has been VBS at our church. This was the first year that Abi was old enough to go.
She had an absolutely "fabulous" time!
She, of course, loved craft time, and we have a whole new batch of "treasures" to hoard and carry everywhere we go! :o)
It was so neat to see her every morning when I went to pick her up, swaying and clapping and singing to the music. I wish "big people church" were a bit more like that sometimes -- do you think I might be a closet charismatic?
She's at an age where she is so spongy -- soaking up God's Truths and Words! It's so tender to hear her quoting Scripture and to see her actions be a reflection of the Things she's learning.
I am so thankful for our church family and to be part of a church that ministers so well to families of all stages, especially children.

2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:2-4 (NIV)

1 comment:

Fryar Family said...

When I was a child, living in a small town, I went to VBS more than once each summer and LOVED everyone of them. I am so glad that Abi has fun at VBS.....

Oh, and the coolest thing we ever made was a rooster with beans, peas, and corn seeds....