Monday, April 12, 2010

Really?

Has it really been four years?

It was a day just like today -- kinda warm, breezy, sunny -- I wish I had it recorded in a way that I could show others what I see in my mind. For some reason, God made me notice the smallest details about that day, vividly. I wish I had a picture to share of Abi standing on the side of the livestock trailer, looking at "her" new cows, the smell of cow wafting in the breeze, her curls blowing in the wind. I wish I had a photo of Brandon's tiny fingers reaching out for the leaves, shining in the sunlight as they flitted in the wind, held up to the tree by the loving arms of his grandfather. I wish I had a way of sharing the smell of deviled eggs and sandwich meats from the last meal we shared together. I wish I could perfectly reproduce the clanging of the post driver I heard as they built a fence for the cows. I wish we could have that day one more time.

We love you and miss you terribly, Papa Ray! We miss you as our father, our grandfather, our friend.

2 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

Awww, what precious memories you have. The pictures are wonderful too! We lost our Papa Don 3 years ago. Dacen never got to meet him. Deacon was too young to remember him. the big boys miss him terribly...and I do too!

meeksmiles33 said...

So sorry! Cherish the memories!