Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd

I know a woman with teenage daughters who recently shared with me about her daughters being an incredible spiritual encouragement to her and what a blessing it is to watch your little girls grow into mature, Christian women. I pray for that blessing, to have the opportunity to watch my girls grow into women who love God above all else.
Nick and Abi have begun memorizing Scripture as part of her bedtime routine -- I let them have their special time and don't interrupt very often. So, imagine my surprise -- and delight -- when Abi quotes the 23rd Psalm! She wants to "hide God's Word in her heart forever."
I don't think I questioned the things she thinks about or felt motivated to study and memorize Scripture the way she wants to until I was a young adult. I pray that she will continue to grow and question and learn and be a spiritually mature young woman when she's ready to leave our home.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Absolutely wonderful.. I am so incredibly proud of her! Tell my sweet Abi that her Aunt Cori loves her so much! If we all could only memorize scripture like that.. Emma learned the 23 Psalm last year and still remembers it. Their little minds and hearts will always remember those words. Proud of Nick, too! Keep up the great witness for your kiddos...

Tonia Hobbs said...

Give her a big big hug from Mrs. Tonia! I am so excited to see what God is going to do with her little life! Good job parents! I am a huge fan of reading the same thing over and over. Thank you! What a treasure you just taught her. . .she will have it for the rest of her life.

Fryar Family said...

I am crying now. Love you for loving your children with all your heart.