Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A...B...C...D

Alrighty, the paperwork has to be over-nighted today. The only blank we have on his paperwork is the name blank!

Our other children's names have started the alphabet ... A ... B ... C ... why break with the pattern now? We all know how I like symmetry and patterns. :o) So, it's either a "D" name for our little guy or skip straight to "Z." But, then, that seems so final?
Anyway ... our top two choices this hour are Drew Garrett Coston and Dexter Li Coston. I like Drew Garrett just because I like it. I also like Dexter "Dex" Li because my brother, grandfather, and other men in past generations on that side of the family carry the middle name "Lee." "Li" captures that and still maintains a bit of his Chinese heritage. "Li" is a uni-sex name meaning "strength, beauty.
"
What's your vote?

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I love either first name, but totally love the "Li" to integrate both heritages. Noah was named after Scott's precious grandfather - and he stands a little taller when we talk about what a namesake he has. He loves it and it is obvious. :)

I'm just soooo excited!!!!!

Matt said...

I'm going with Drew Garrett - a kid named "Dexter" is going to get beat up in school, and they're going to call him "Poindexter," which is a nerdy stereotype of a name. I gotta watch out of my nephew's well-being through elementary and middle school!

Sharon said...

I really like Drew, but also LOVE keeping Li in his name....I'm no help. But if I have to choose Drew Garrett or Dexter Li, I choose Drew Garrett. (just add Li as his 2nd middle name--it doesn't really matter if he has 4 names!)

Sherry Drennan said...

I was totally thinking what Sharon said!!

Cori said...

DEFINITELY Drew Garrett... Abi, Brandon, Camryn, and Drew! If he does have Li, he will have the same middle name as his future cousin!!

Kathryn said...

Just to complicate things a bit, he can have more than one middle name. We named our daughter the traditional first and middle name, then added her Chinese name as a SECOND middle name. That way, she still has a bit of her history/heritage there. All the names are precious!

Katie said...

Congrats on your adoption. I just saw this on Sharon's blog. How exciting. Well I have a Drew and I love the name. I also like Deacon. There are a lot of really neat D names. Ask Sherri she probably has a whole list (: Best wishes. If you ever want to talk adoption let me know (: I hope you are finding some great blogs and websites to share stories with. That helped me.
Katie <3

Valerie said...

Dexter Li! but definitely not anything with Z! too final.
love ya Mischelle, thanks for sharing. My heart just grows when I read about your adoption of him.

Orianna Black said...

I like Dexter Li...and the Li would mean so much for him I think ;-) We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see this little man and how blessed he is to be adopted by a family like yours!