Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now . . .

Other than being the lyrics of a song my mother sang relentlessly when I was a child, "I Can See Clearly Now" is what Abi is saying now that she has her glasses.
I got that "You're a crappy mom -- your kid can't see" letter in the mail on Monday. So, we went to the eye doctor, and, sure enough, she can't see. Who knew? You take 'em to the dentist, get their vaccinations, schedule well-child visits -- but don't consider that your 5-year-old has vision three times worse than yours!
Abi enjoyed browsing through the frames and trying on countless pair. She finally selected an adorable black pair with pink on the inside.
Despite the silly voice, I think she's pretty excited about them. I wanted to make this as positive of an experience for her as possible. I'm just hoping that "Four-Eye" jokes have gone out-of-style since I was a kid. :o)

4 comments:

Stacy Carter said...

My boys say "it isn't fair that Ethan has glasses and we don't"! So hopefully the teasing days are over? She looks adorable!

Fryar Family said...

Abi,
This note is just for you from Grandma.... I didn't think you could be any cuter, but with your glasses - I think it has happened.

Erin said...

Ha! I got that letter last year. I was totally expecting to get a letter saying Evan failed his HEARING exam (because of all our past problems), but nope, he was blind as a bat. Who knew?? And, he has NEVER been teased, EVER...Thank goodness!!

Lee Ann said...

I got the call when Becca was in 1st grade and I thought I was an awful Mom not knowing that my child couldn't see. But how did she know that she couldn't see??? So you are a wonderful Mom!! Abi looks adorable in the glasses. I still have Becca's first pair of glasses!!